Saturday, December 19, 2009

An indescribable God

Ok, I babysat (if you could call it that) tonight and wow the kids were a nightmare. I got pretty mad at a bunch of middle schoolers. Anyways after listening to Indescribable by Chris Tomlin a couple of times I started thinking about how amazing God is, then how much beyond my imagination He is. And it sort of donned on me that God loves me a pretty much insignificant speck of life (in comparison to the universe) and hears my prayers and forgives. Then of course I start to realize that this kid who is being a pain in the you-know-what is loved just as much by God, and that from time to time I can be that irksome. Slowly but surely I started to see this annoying child in a whole different way. Instead of seeing this kid as a jerk, I saw him as a child, probably hurting a lot, in desperate need of a loving Savior. Then the unthinkable happens... I actually pray for him, not a forced insincere thats what I'm supposed to do prayer, but an actual legit prayer.

There were also these to girls, sisters, who went to my school a couple years back. Gave me loads of grief then and were again a pain-in-the-you-know-where tonight. After what happened with the previous kid I started to see the same thing in this girl. She appeared to be a girl caught up in the pressure of being popular, used to putting people down to build herself up (obviously I may still struggle a little with judging), but slowly I started to note that she too was probably hurting and struggling with allowing God to be her everything. I'm not sure if this is God working inside me or what, but there is definitely something. If that carries over to school and maybe just maybe a few others start experiencing the same things, then maybe just maybe school will be different. To quote a cheesy musical, "this may be the start of something new..."

No comments:

Post a Comment