Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bubbled

I go to a Christian school, church, church activities throughout the week, etc.... When my choir director told us to give invitations to our nonchristian friends I honestly could not think of a single nonchristian friend who was even remotely close to my age and i have talked to in the past 6 months. the only nonchristians i thought about were these old people who live next door and across the street from me and this other old guy who lives up the street from me. It got me thinking... How can I be a light to the world if i live in a Christian bubble? I am almost to the point of thinking that the kids who are christians who go to public schools are far more privileged than i am. i spend 4 hours (give or take) in church sunday, monday night is Bible study, tuesday is youth, wednesday is choir, thursday is a different bible study, friday and saturday im exhausted and attempting to catch up on everything i missed. i am by no means bashing church or saying its wrong to spend so much time there, but seriously there is something wrong. i get fed 6 days a week, but what am i doing to feed the christians who live around me, furthermore do i know of any nonchristians in my neighborhood. i think for the time being my prayer will be for God to send me some nonchristian friends because its a little ridiculous. matthew 5 tells us to be a light to the world, but the problem is that i am a light in room that is already lit up (if that makes any sense at all) how do you minister to nonbelievers if you dont even come in contact with them? how many nonchristian friends do you have that know without a doubt that you are a christian. i believe we have a lot of potential in the church, but we need to get it out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment