Thursday, May 19, 2011

Yes, I do live under a rock!

Apparently there is a lot of hype about the world ending this Saturday, all I can say is , "Score no frog dissection," just kidding of course. Anyways I find it a little sad that I am just hearing about it in the past couple of weeks. Let me tell you the story it is amusing, at least for me. Right as the semester was coming to a close I heard a few of my classmates talking about the end of the world. So of course I told them that in some sick twist of fate the world would end on December 22 2012 (it won't don't quote please, thats all we need is another doomsday prediction). Well, they just sort of stared at me and asked what the heck I was talking about. I explained that the horrible irony of the world ending at about the same time everyone breathed a sigh of relief. They laughed and asked, "Do you live under a rock?" By this point I was completely confused. First they told me that I was dork and that the 2012 theory was so old. They then proceeded to tell me about the latest theory.
So what did I learn in college this semester you ask?
  1. Always keep up to date with the latest doomsday theories
  2. When living under a rock make sure you have a good cell connection for updates on when we are going to die.
  3. Ya'll is the only proper way to address a group of people
  4. Finally, in NV the method for studying is SQ3R in TX its SQ4R, and that right there explains so so much.
But seriously, there is no way to know when the world will end because Matthew 24:36 says that no one knows the day or hour. So yes God willing I will be in church Sunday morning, or at work whichever way it works out because I dont know the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment