Monday, May 23, 2011

On the road to Canada

Well as many of you know I will be once again spending the summer in Canada, so let me give you an update. The formerly shy girl is speaking for an entire week up there and yes she is nervous and unsure as to why she is speaking in the third person. I do have what I am speaking about picked finally. I will be speaking about forgiveness both extended to ourselves from our loving Savior, and ourselves extending it to our brothers and sisters. The theme of the camp this year is Acts 4:12 (Dr. Shaw if you are reading this, I figured it out shortly after your departure from the caf) which says, "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” Or to put it simply, "The difference is Jesus." So in each story or parable I will be illustrating how God's love and mercy is unlike any other. Also this summer I will inevitably be one of the cabin leaders which, while incredibly rewarding, is also incredibly tiring. With the countdown at about 35 days I am beyond stoked and nervous all at the same time and fear that I may do permanent damage to my psyche, who am I kidding that was fried a long time ago. Joking of course.

Now to switch to much more superficial things I am so glad for the almost 7 weeks I am there, I will not be checking anything. I do need to get a location on some garlic, and b- vitamin complex pills to ward of mosquitos. Just realized that 5 weeks from tomorrow I will be in Canada assuming all goes as planned. After last year I will definitely not be taking that for granted. In the meantime I must study for my classes. Praise God I am almost all the way done with sciences (as of this coming friday). I have to of course continue preparing sermons which should be good fun. Then survive the 3 weeks of English awaiting me in June... Here we go. Of course it would be awesome if you prayed for me and probably the country of Canada (not sure of the seriousness of that statement). Things are well underway, the only thing left is I need a back up journal for the journal I currently have will undoubtedly be filled quickly

No comments:

Post a Comment