Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nicaragua... again

Not sure how frequently I have told you about this, but I will say it again. I know that I am called to deaf missions in Nicaragua likely to church planting (sort of new still praying it out). After much email communication I finally got to "meet" (via skype) two missionaries who live there and are part of a school for the deaf there. Not only that, but in March there is a possibility that I may get to travel there and meet them and work with them for an entire week. How incredible would that be?!?!? I am consistently in awe of the ways that God works things out, assuming of course that the outcome will be what I am anticipating, which it likely won't because God is so much more awesome and bigger then I am.

I have also decided that I want to be fluent in 5 languages by the time that I graduate from Wayland. English of course is at the top of the list, followed by ASL, Spanish, and ISN (sign language of nicaragua). Well that is only four, so I want to toss an idea out there and get feed back. Through one of my amazing advisors at Wayland I have the opportunity of getting my hands on a Swahili Sign language book, which includes the pictogram of course, the Swahili word and the English word, so of course that would mean I would learn the two simultaneously. Just a possibility that I am tossing out there. Let me know your thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment