Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Conforming

Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

Last night and today I was kind of upset because people were still making fun of me for crochet, it has been 2 years since the first time I brought any amount of crochet and I expected people to make fun of it, but 2 years down the road that's different. I was particularly upset with one of my teachers because he had made a fair amount of fun of it. Anyways coming home from Youth tonight I just really started thinking (mostly about this blog) about how much I did not want to be what culture defined as normal. So shout it from the rooftops, I AM DIFFERENT, AND PROUD OF IT!!!! I know that crochet is not what was being talked about in Romans 12:2 and I should not draw that conclusion from the verse, but I thought it was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment