Monday, August 1, 2011

It would be this week

A year ago Thursday I felt God calling me to deaf ministry. I had no idea where or what would happen next. I started learning sign language and fell in love with the language. I far from fluent, but able to have a decent conversation with someone. One of the things I love about sign language is that it gives me the ability to reach one of the largest unreached people groups and it gives me the opportunity to worship with my hands in church. When I moved out to Texas I started interpreting services and worship for the deaf man in the congregation which was great. This week in one of the boys cabins there is a little boy who has a tragic story that I am not going to go into, but it is really sad. He does not know sign language, but he can read so praise God for having the ability to communicate with him, but we are going to write to him today during swimming. Please pray for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment