Thursday, August 25, 2011

God's humor and a blog title

Every now and again I have to say God has a sense of humor. Let me rephrase, I have nineteen years, one month, one week, and six days of proof that God has a sense of humor. I suppose I am saying I think my life is a comedy sometimes, I have to ask does anyone else find it that way. Let me tell you what happened. See yesterday was the first day of my Daniel fast (going vegan for 40 days) and there is lots to pray for right now. One of the things is a situation in my life that frankly is hurting me a bit (if you have no idea what I'm talking about don't worry about it). I had been praying for healing and such and God's answer was to not bottle it up, not keep it to myself, and, when my religion professors asked for prayer requests in class, say it not vaguely, but in its entirety. A frightening concept that I neither entertained nor fancied. This morning I woke up and started praying ironically for us not to do prayer requests in my New Testament class today. Surprisingly we did not, but then again God has a sense of humor and I should not have thought that I would escape quite so easily. I had several questions to ask the professor after class regarding the computer, writing assignments, and the exams, which made me have to follow him to his office after class, should have seen what was coming. After my questions were answered he inquired about a few things and then proceeded flat out ask the very thing I was hoping and praying I would not have to say. It was all I could do to not say, "Seriously, God?" Instead for once in my life I kept my mouth shut and conceded. So all this is to say that God is merciful, but also has a rather interesting sense of humor.

Now as far as a blog title is concerned some of your are aware that I only have ten and a half months left of being a teen and am therefore on the market for a new blog title. One option is something to do with formerly knitting and crocheting like a chain smoker... I would love some feedback and I want to know what you think a good title would be. Let me know

1 comment:

  1. 2 things

    you can't have a tomato with cheese if you're vegan... no animal products, including things like honey and jello

    Um, knitting like a chain smoker would be funny but not very relevant. What defines you? What are you? Who are you? What do you do? What is your passion? Why is your sister asking so many questions? What do you want people to think about you when they see your title? What do you want people to remember you for?

    Ok, sorry. You could do a whole blog post on my questions.

    ReplyDelete