Thursday, January 14, 2010

A jealous God

Ever thought about how odd it is that we serve a jealous God. Let me rephrase cause that sounds like a bad thing. We serve a God that is so incredibly loving that He not only gave His only son but he wants our thoughts and actions to be about Him. How much time do you spend daily in fellowship with God? 15 minutes, an hour? Before I get all preachy I will admit that I spend a very little bit of time with God. It has improved from the past, but it is so easy to forget God when going through the everyday motions. There is something for me to resolve to do this year, spend more time thinking on and worshipping the creator of the universe. How about you? How often do you think of every single thing in your body that has to be working perfectly or you have major complications. My oldest sister a year and a half ago nearly lost her husband (26 at the time) to a cardiac arrest because he had a weird heart condition, he survived because by the grace of God my sister happened to wake up and perform CPR until the paramedics arrived. She has drawn so much closer to God in giving thanks that everything in her body is working and that each and every day she and her husband have life. I honestly cant think of the last time I thanked God I was alive and well. Can you? What about instead of fitting God in your schedule which is nearly impossible do to His greatness, fitting your schedule into God's. That may mean that some things you do daily that you dont really need may have to be removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment