Friday, July 8, 2011

Lessons from Kayaking

I thought about writing some deep thought provoking post on the past week of camp. Instead I would give you a little something to make you smile. Tonight after the campers went home, the work was done, and we were done with supper, a few of us went kayaking. We got in and went out and it was so peaceful and beautiful. It turned out that my kayak as well as one of my friends had a slow leak, no big deal. We started heading back and I kept my balance it was all good. I made it back to shore last because I was sitting in the middle of lake enjoying the beautiful scenery. I got back to shore and there came the difficult process of getting out of the kayak. My leg was out of the kayak and I was more or less ok, until the mud started slipping from underneath and my kayak tipped, it was hysterical.

Surprisingly a fair amount has been accomplished in breaks and free time and such. Learned to play 5 chords on the guitar as well as a blues rhythm. Finally finished a song that I'd been working on for a long time. Regardless, teen week is finally over and it is rather bittersweet while I miss the campers I am glad that next week is kid's camp, and that I have a couple of days to recover and study. I wonder what God has for all of us this next week. Please

No comments:

Post a Comment