Saturday, January 22, 2011

Movies

I went to see a movie with a friend from college last night. We picked, True Grit, which was about a 14 year old girl seeking to avenge her father's death and hires/assists a US Marshall in tracking her father's murderer down. I went home, did not think about it much, but as I woke up this morning I was going to watch a movie, but I could not help but think about the movie I saw last night. The entire movie they shoot people, connive to get ahead, and seek revenge. Never once did I stop myself and ask is murdering wrong, is it wrong to get ahead by lying, cheating, or injuring, or is it wrong to seek revenge? I am tired this morning so I was going to watch a movie on my computer to try to fall back asleep. Once again I see all these subtle plots about revenge, sex, lying, murdering, conniving, etc... I know this is no surprise, considering who produces movies. Keep in mind the next time you go see a movie that everybody has a worldview they are going to push and shove at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment