Monday, November 15, 2010

Love-hate relationship

I have discovered that I have a love-hate relationship with the Holy Spirit. Sometimes the Spirit is awesome, and then there are times when I wish that the Spirit would just leave me alone, ha ha. Like tonight, I am reading and there is a cross reference to Psalm 42:1, which says, "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God." At first I simply thought that it was a pretty verse, but before long that still, small and painfully annoying voice said, "Do you really pant for God like that." Because the picture painted here is not of a deer gracefully drinking from water, but of a parched animal in the desert longing for water. Picture walking through the Las Vegas desert on a blistering July day where the temperatures are well over 110, you are not kind of thirsty, you are dying. To be honest I really do not think that I long for God like that. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment